Wednesday, July 6, 2011

day 4 - Views on Religion

Views on religion, eh?

Hmmm...

Let me start by saying that I'm not sure that I believe in God. There - now it's out on the table.

The subject of religion is really hard for me because I consider myself to be spiritual, but I can't connect with any religion. I couldn't ever be a full-blown Christian - there's just too much I don't agree with (homosexual relationships/marriages would be one big one for me). I don't really like Hindu, Buddhism, Judiasm, Catholicism, or any of the other "big" religions. I've tried being pagan (for the record, my husband is pagan)... but I just can't seem to find the right fit.

But, at the same time, I feel bereft without it. I truly feel like there is something missing in that part of my life and my heart -- and I've been on a life-long (okay since I was teenager) goal to figure out what it is.

What I do believe is that we should all be kind to one another. We should take care of our earth. And I believe that karma (or whatever you wanna call it) will give you a big swift kick in the ass when you need/deserve it. I believe in listening with to your heart and following your logic. I believe in believing in yourself.

I feel like this is all over the place - and it probably is because i'm in a hurry. And I don't really know what I feel. Maybe one day I'll figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment